If you aren’t from Saskatchewan, or have never visited, you should know that we have incredible summers, and the week ahead is no exception.
We have consistently perfect blue bird days around 30 degrees. That’s why so many of us have a lake to go to, or a family cabin, to beat the heat.
Don’t ask me about the winters, but the summers are truly glorious!
I have been thinking about a few lovely clients I’ve worked with over the years who had big dreams of creating their own money as an entrepreneur but had an impossible time getting started.
I often saw a pattern like this:
They really need to start bringing some money in right away. They have a great idea, and are capable of launching it, but never really get it off the ground.
Often they are paralyzed with fear, and worried that they aren’t good enough, qualified enough, or know enough, to make it work. They also are overwhelmed because they have a To-Do list a mile long, and have no idea of where to actually start.
Now, you might not be an entrepreneur but perhaps you can relate to this in another area of your life.
The details may be different, but I’ve been in that stuck “not enough” place enough times to see it when it’s in my face.
I’ve seen it within myself when I wanted to ask for a promotion or raise, applying a new job, building my own business, taking a bit trip, and now I see it occasionally as a new soon-to-be-mother.
The “not enoughs” can affect all of us at different times of our lives and one of the first things I notice is the “why” isn’t big enough to overcome the “not enoughs.”
This is the best time to revaluate and realign with not only what you want, by most importantly to make your “why” big enough to keep you motivated to get you where you want to be going.
Here’s what you need to know to expand your “why”:
- What do you want? This is the first question I ask every one of my clients, because you can’t get something if you don’t know what it is. Get clear on exactly what you want, how you want to be spending your time, and how you want to feel. Make sure that these all align with each other because if you want to feel free, but then work 80 hours a week, you are not going to feel free guaranteed. Get as specific as you can with what is important to you.
- Get real with yourself. When you think of what you want, why aren’t you there yet? This isn’t meant to be an exercise to make you feel bad about not being where you wish you would be, but to help you get clear on exactly what is standing in your way of why you haven’t done it yet. What has stopped you from moving forward? Is it fear? Is it lack of action? Is it needing to get a few key pieces in place first? Once you have an idea of what has been holding you back, you can make a plan to work around it, or with it, to start moving forward quickly.
- Your fear is actually a great sign! It means that this is important to you and that you are on the right track. If it wasn’t important, you wouldn’t feel as though you were risking something to get it. That’s great, keep going!
- What is your REAL why? If your why is just about money, you’ll never be motivated enough to move through the inertia of fear to go for it. Your why needs to bigger than your fear which is always centered on you. Who, beyond yourself, would benefit? How is you moving forward with this going to change lives? What kind of world are you creating through doing this?
- Core values. How does what you want align with your core values? The more congruent our wants are with our values the easier it is to go after what you want. If you aren’t sure what yours are, you can do the Free Clarity Crash Course to find out.
- Now feel it. Imagine yourself having already done it maybe 3 years later. Imagine how it would feel to be there as though it was happening now. Feel it in your body. What does that feel like? Can you name it? What is important about it? This is another important piece of your why. We are always going after a feeling through an outcome.
- One small step. Of course insight is nothing without action. So, what’s one small step you can take to move towards what you really want? Share it in the Soul Sisterhood so we can cheer you on!
Lastly, I have been thinking of creating one last offering for you before I go away on mat leave in November and this one is for the entrepreneurs out there:
Soul Strategy for Business
What you will get:
- A business based on what is most important to you.
- Get unstuck, and get moving faster than if you were trying to figure this out on your own.
- Design your lifestyle rather than be a slave to your business aaaand still making money.
- A plan of how to get where you want to be.
- Feel confident in your offerings and services to execute sales with ease.
- Accountability to create momentum.
- Support and wisdom from like-minded women who truly want you to succeed.
- No more overwhelm, know what to do and when.
Who this is for:
Women who are either just starting, overwhelmed, shit scared, and feeling like they have no idea how to start getting momentum.
Women who have a business, but are feeling stuck, overwhelmed and need support realigning their business so that it serves THEM instead of the other way around.
What it looks like:
Group coaching for 10 women for 5 weeks, September 2nd -30th from 2-3:30pm.
If this interests you, email me and I’ll get something together to make it happen. I haven’t decided if I will do this in person, or via video conference yet, so your location isn’t an issue. If you want in, let me know, (also let me know if you live in Regina or not) because I’ll base my decision on demand.
Now, I’d love to hear from you: What has been holding you back? What’s your first step, and what’s your “why?” If you liked this post, then please share it on Facebook, tweet it out loud, and forward it to your friends. We all need a little light in our lives and you may be that for someone who needs you!
Love and Light,