All of us have one big fear that holds us back from living fully.
It stops us from getting the intimacy and connection that we crave from each other.
It dims our light from shining brightly.
It shuts down our ability to be our most authentic selves.
It cripples us in almost every single area of our lives.
What I’m talking about is being seen. Really being seen. Letting ourselves be raw and open and beautiful and shimmery.
Our biggest fear is:
Here’s the thing, we are ultimately mammals.
This means that unlike reptiles which lay eggs and then leave their young to fend for themselves, we nurture our offspring for a long time and build strong connections and emotional bonds with both our family units and our tribes.
It is essential to our survival to care for and be cared for by each other.
So it’s not surprising that one of the most painful experiences for humans is to be judged, alienated, and separated from each other.
We are built to connect.
It’s no wonder we are so terrified of being seen because there is so much at risk.
What if others don’t like what they see? What if they judge our most authentic self? What if they leave us?
So many of us censor ourselves and only let pieces of ourselves be seen:
The funny part, the generous part, the loving part, the strong part, the quiet part. The multiple parts go on and on depending on who we are with and what’s going on.
When you censor yourself though, a few yucky things happen:
- They never know who you really are, so you deny others the opportunity to love YOU.
- You rob yourself of the intimacy that you crave, because connection comes from seeing and being seen deeply.
And here’s the amazing things that happen when you DO let yourself be seen:
- Being real is super sexy. People want to be around people who are authentic. It’s like a magnet, because we all want to feel connected.
- You no longer have separate versions of you. You will to lose: the “work” you, the “friend” you the “daughter” you, and all the other “you’s” and you get to just be YOU.
- Worrying about what other people think of you starts to become irrelevant because you’re not going to be someone else for them anyways.
- You will genuinely like and accept yourself.
- When you allow yourself to be seen, you give other people permission to do the same. We become beacons for each other.
You my beautiful friend, are already enough.
The Soul Strategy Sessions are coming up! Join us in a community of supportive women who believe that the best investment they can make is in themselves and really get that changing our lives comes from changing our beliefs. Click here to read more on how Soul Strategy can improve your life.
You were born whole and there is nothing you need to fix before you let yourself be seen. In fact, you can start right now. In the comments below, share with me one small thing you can do to share your incredible light. I can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
If you know anyone who needs to hear this message today, please feel free to be their light and share it on Facebook, Tweet it out loud, and forward it to your friends.
We are beacons for each other. By shining our light we bring each other home to their own.
Shine on my beautiful friend. We need your brilliance. Xoxo
Love and Light,